Tuesday, November 20, 2007

There are no words.











As every mother knows there are no words for the joy (and headaches too) that our children bring to us. Our family was really not complete without this precious precious girl. Her little movements and expressions are the cutest I have EVER seen and I can not imagine our life without her.
Of course all the pictures I post are of this happy girl, but she also many moments of utter sadness, and there is nothing I can do to take it away. Only time will do that. Her sadness was less yesterday, but bedtime was especially hard. Her cry is not of anger or frustration, but comes deep from within her. I did not experience this with Jie Ling, but it is apparent with baby Ya Ya.
We don't believe baby Ya Ya is eight weeks shy of being two, and I can't write this off to developmental delays. She seems very young! I thought she walked to us on Gotcha Day, and she may have taken couple of steps, but when we got her back to our hotel and let her go it was scary!! She would fall every couple of steps and I mean fall in every direction hard and fast. She loved it though, and on day two (yesterday) she's really toddling everywhere still crashing into anything in her way, but loving the freedom!!
Jie Ling loves her baby Ya Ya when she doesn't touch her toys, and Jake of course is the best brother any kid could ever ask for. I am so proud of him!
Oh and once again the baby prefers Mike over me. I feed her and change her, but she mostly wants her dad. This is okay, and not as painful as when we got Jie Ling. (Jie Ling slapped me across the face on day two with her) Ya Ya likes me and will bring me toys, but wants dad to hold her and put her coat on etc. He thinks I have no parenting skills and will tell me how and when she likes things!! I just let him revel in his dad glory, but give it a year and she'll be a mama's girl.
Ya Ya is terrified of the bath, and is an extremely picky eater. No fruits or vegetables for this girl, it's noodles, rice, and egg all the way. The only thing she will drink is water also. She had a sip of apple juice and her whole body shuttered like we tasered her!
Have I mentioned yet how cute she is? She is not dainty prissy cute like Jie Ling, but rough and tumble cute! Her mannerisms just crack us up.
Gotta run!! It's 5 am and she's awake!! (so far she wakes up very happy!!)
Kirsten (K.C.)

1 comment:

K Mom said...

These pics of her with Mike are priceless!! They do remind me of the ones of JL and Mike in your "first" hotel in China. So precious to have those Daddy memories! I love you and I miss you. I'm glad you're coming to my bday party! And baby YaYa too!