Sunday, November 18, 2007

Introducing Elizabeth Xiao Ya!!

















We have our beautiful girl! She walked right up to us and we exchanged Cheerios for the next half hour! I so wanted to scoop her up, but I kept my distance trying not to upset her.
It was so beautiful as Jake and Jie Ling welcomed their new baby sister. I was just in awe and still am.
I'm going to keep it short...she had a major melt down when I tried to put pants on her to go eat, and finally cried herself to sleep. I'm going to quickly eat and regroup hopefully before she wakes up.
She has had surgery on her foot, and they removed one toe. It looks awful, and I'm sure Ya Ya's outcome will be the same as Jie Lings. The bottom of her foot is just as big as Jie Ling's was and know from Jie Ling's surgery that that just can't be scooped out.
She is adorable with the cutest little voice. She plays with toys very rough, and just makes the cutest and sweetest little movements, though there is nothing prissy about her!! She seems like a very tough girl.
We love her so much!
Thank you God for this amazing gift!

5 comments:

The Babets said...

She is beautiful!!!!! I am so happy for you!
Deb B.
Ohio

Kooky said...

Oh wow. She is adorable! You guys are so blessed!!! Following your journey is such fun. It makes me remember our 2 journeys all over again.

Kristen
http://crazykookybutallmine.blogspot.com

Bontemps Family said...

First I should introduce myself, my name is Mona and I am married to Brian Bontemps (Kalles co-worker). Brian sent me the link to your site last Friday and I have been tearfully hooked ever since! I feel connected somehow...it must be the wonderful red thread. Elizabeth has a sparkle and a smile that can take your breath away. The pictures of your two girls together are priceless. What perfect gems you have in your two little treasures!
We are keeping you all in our prayers for peaceful moments and a safe journey home.

marcy said...

Elizabeth Xiao Ya is stunningly lovely and it sounds like she has a beautiful and fun personality to match! We're overjoyed for your family and hope that your whole trip will be smooth sailing.

K Mom said...

YAAAAAY! Welcome Baby Ya Ya to your new family! These pictures make me cry. God is so great and gives abundantly. What a miracle that EXYE has spent her last night in an orphanage! I miss you kace, I can't wait until you guys are home.