Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Day In Hefei.











Fiberglass on a stick anyone? That's exactly what it looked like this woman was selling, and it was yummy! Jie Ling refused to even try it and glared at Grandma and I while we snarfed. I did pass at the potatoes we walked by, I figured I could get those at home.

After breakfast this morning, and after thinking we were getting baby Ya Ya this morning, we headed out to try and find the park we spotted out our hotel window. We didn't quite go the right way but had a great time getting there. Hefei is not a tourist destination, so it was nice to just walk and not be bombarded with people trying to sell you things. We finally found the park and the zoo and had a great time watching to locals, as I'm sure they had a great time watching us!! The people are so friendly, and mom's Chinese lessons really paid off! She was actually having short bursts of conversations. Way to go mom!!!
The Hefei people really love their fireworks! As I sit here writing this message it sounds like the fourth of July outside. This has gone on every night since we've been here (whole whoppin 2 days.) Well it's 7:30 and Jie Ling is still sleeping from her nap, and Mike, Mom, Dave,and Jake are all in the hotel bar shooting pool.
I can not believe tomorrow is Gotcha Day!! I can't wait to take baby Ya Ya to the park we found, and just let her enjoy all the sights and sounds. Ya hoo!!
Next post will have pictures of our girl!!

2 comments:

K Mom said...

The idea of Jake in a bar shooting pool makes me giggle. :) And I'm very proud of your mom and her Mandarin skills! I bet she's glad she worked so hard!

Seeing pictures of everyday life in China is really neat. I especially love the "buns" pic. Hee hee!

K Mom said...

The idea of Jake in a bar shooting pool makes me giggle. :) And I'm very proud of your mom and her Mandarin skills! I bet she's glad she worked so hard!

Seeing pictures of everyday life in China is really neat. I especially love the "buns" pic. Hee hee!