Monday, December 3, 2007

This Isn't Fun...


I had a feeling this might happen, but our happy bundle of energy baby has up and left. In her place is a screaming, unhappy, and demanding girl. I guess this is normal, but it totally sucks.

She screams for me to pick her up, and then the moment I do she screams for me to put her down. She woke up every 3 hours last night, and the big family bed on the floor was not up to par for her. She pulled, scratched, and slapped me while thrashing all over on the floor. I tried the crib and she cried and cried, and our bed is up too high and not safe for this monkey girl, so I put her on the floor with me and she screams and flops all over like a fish out of water. Sheesh...it was all I could do to remind myself that this won't last forever. Nothing I have been doing is good enough, and she's not afraid to let me know with a slap or a scratch.


It's not all bad though...She finally laid her little head on my shoulder, and has allowed me to hold her bottle and her at the same time. I think we're up to a one minute snuggle, which is amazing for this ball of energy. She is not too affectionate, but I believe in time she will be. Oh and she really is into playing with cars and trucks, and instead of pushing the shopping cart, she carries it! Her bath the other night was great. I just had Jie Ling in there playing and Ya Ya started pulling at her clothes, so I threw her in and she had a blast! When she's happy she's a riot.


Okay, I'm feeling better after this vent. Dear Aimee is playing with both girls in their room and it's about time for me to tackle diapers and pajamas with Ya Ya. Maybe she'll surprise me tonight and it won't turn into a wrestling match!


I can't wait for these first few months to pass, and for life to start feeling normal!!

No comments: