Friday, October 26, 2007

We're Really Leaving!!!
























In 23 more days I'll be holding my baby daughter! This just feels unbelievable and like a dream. All of my fears and anxiety have melted away (though I'm sure will reappear our first days together when I say to myself, "WHAT the hell have I done???" Right now though I choose to live in my little fantasy world where my two little Chinese daughters will love one another, and Jie Ling will share all of her toys and her mama lovingly. They'll look so cute in their matching pajamas, giggling while I tuck them into bed. But then reality sets in, because I am the mother of six children now, and no such world exists!!

Anyways, our travel plans are set!! Gramma Nina and Papa are leaving on November 4 for Beijing and then on to Xian. They will fly and spend a few days in Shanghai, and then take the train with us on to Hefei in Anhui Province. This is a 10 hour train ride, but I really thought this would be cool to do with Jake and Jie Ling and a great way to see more of the country. We are leaving on the 14th, and will meet Xiao Ya on the 19th!!

We are so excited!! I just really, really, really, want to meet my little girl and welcome her into our family!! Oh and one small problem...I still don't have a name! Should we just call her Xiao Ya? Will this be too hard for people to pronounce? One of her names for sure is Elizabeth, as both of my youngest girls are named after their Aunts. I also love the name Katlyn, or Kate, or Katie, but isn't Katlyn Elizabeth XiaoYa Edwards just too long?? Maybe I'll just keep it to Elizabeth Xiao Ya Edwards, and call her Ya Ya for short. Or maybe I'll just go crack open another Corona and continue celebrating the fact that our baby really is coming home!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: